Some Benefits and Blessings of Church Membership
- It provides a spiritual family where I know I belong, and the family knows I belong.
- It gives me a way to place myself under the protection and guidance of godly leaders.
- It gives me a voice to use to build up the Body of Christ by influencing the direction and decision-making of the church leadership. There are times when your voice and vote are vital to the church’s future such as: when choosing a Senior Pastor, when choosing church officers, when making decisions to build or to buy or sell property. You also have a voice and vote in reviewing financial statements and having the assurance of financial integrity in how resources are managed.
- Membership opens doors of ministry for you in leadership. It’s a way of saying I am choosing to trust and also be trusted.
- I think that it should be a joy to be able to say, “I am a member of…” just as we identify ourselves in this way with other organizations.
- We need one another! Membership says that loud and clear.
Our membership covenant simply says:
- I will protect the unity of my church: by acting in love toward other members, by refusing to gossip, and by following the leaders.
- I will share the responsibilities of my church: by praying for its growth, by inviting the unchurched to attend, and by warmly welcoming those who visit.
- I will serve the ministry of my church: by discovering my gifts and talents, by being equipped to serve, and by developing a servant’s heart.
- I will support the testimony of my church: by attending faithfully, by living a godly life, and by giving regularly.
We believe Calvary Church is a great place to belong! It is also a great place to attend even if you’re not a member. And there are many ways to serve without being a member, but we still believe there is great value in church membership.
I’d like to be contacted with more info on becoming a member of Calvary Church.